The website www.thepriceofbadadvice.eu has been developed by The European Consumer Organisation (BEUC). For more information about BEUC please visit www.beuc.eu. BEUC is the data controller for the purpose of this website.
We strongly believe in your fundamental rights to privacy and data protection. We try to strictly limit the processing of your personal information to the minimum possible for the correct functioning of the website.
- Context_breakpoint cookie: This cookie checks if the user is visiting from a mobile device or not, to render the site accordingly. The cookie expires as soon as you leave the site.
Video: We use Framatube for embedding videos on our website. Framatube has been developed by the French non-for-profit organisation Framasoft, it uses the BitTorrent protocol to share bandwidth between users. This implies that your public IP address is stored in the public BitTorrent tracker of the video as long as you're watching it. If you want to keep your public IP address private, please use a VPN. You can find more information about Framatube here.
Your data protection rights
- Right of access – You have the right to have access to the personal data we hold about you and to obtain a copy.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to obtain the rectification of the personal data we have about you if it is inaccurate.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to obtain the erasure of the personal data we have about you.
- Right to restriction of processing – If you believe the personal data we have is not accurate or that we are not using it lawfully but do not want to simply ask that we delete it straight away, you have the right to ask us to stop using the data while we sort out the problems.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to receive the data that you have provided in a commonly used format, so you can take it somewhere else if you wish.
- Right to object – You have the right to object to the use of your data for marketing purposes at any time. Note that we do not use your data for marketing in any way!
- Right to lodge a complaint – If you believe your rights are not being respected and your data is being used unlawfully, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your national Data Protection Authorityor with the Belgian Data Protection authority, since BEUC is based in Belgium. You can find the contact details of all national data protection authorities here.
Updates & contact
Changes to our Policy
How to contact us
Our contact details:
BEUC – The European Consumer Organisation
Rue d’Arlon 80
Tel: +32 2 743 15 90
Fax: +32 2 740 28 02